- Keep a journal for a year.
- Take a free online class.
- Find 10 books that inspire me.
- Read 45 books in a year. (Added 1/3/20)
- Keep a blog for a year.
- Say “yes” to something I would not normally do.
- Try a new recipe every month for a year.
- Send one handwritten letter each month for a year.
- Carry a camera with me every day for a year.
- Make a new friend.
- Create a regular exercise routine.
- Make a pecan pie.
- Take better care of myself. (Added 1/2/2020)
- Write down 5 positive things that happened during the day before going to bed for one month. (Added 1/3/2020)
The WordPress.com stats helper monkeys prepared a 2013 annual report for this blog.
Here’s an excerpt:
A San Francisco cable car holds 60 people. This blog was viewed about 920 times in 2013. If it were a cable car, it would take about 15 trips to carry that many people.
I didn’t know that they were going to do this, but it is really neat. I love being able to see that much information about my blog, and it was fairly encouraging as well. 🙂
And I can feel it. I’m in the midst of a move, health issues with my daughter, development issues with my son, financial struggles, the search for work, the search for health insurance…and I’ve had this on a back burner. (Go figure…how many FRONT burners does one person have?)
But I can feel it. I feel better when I write, journal, whatever – whether it is actually written or typed. I feel better if I take some time during the day to write out what I need to remember, what is worrying me, what I need to do or take care of, plan things out, or simply vent. I really need to do this right now – surely 5-10-15 minutes a day is doable.