Ok. This one is tough – 13 places that I have visited and what I liked about each? Hmm…this requires a bit of thought.
- Cape Cod: I stayed in a time share in Mash Pea. It was a wonderful experience despite the fact that I came down with sinusitus and bronchitus. The New England clam chowder – the honest-to-goodness clam chowder – is out of this world. I loved the scenery, the food, the people.
- Orlando, FL: I’ve stayed in a time share (my parents-in-law) a number of times. I’ve had a terrific time down there, though I realized that I don’t want to live in FL again. What I liked about my stays is that we were close to everything, including SeaWorld (my favorite place down there).
- New Orleans, LA: I visited New Orleans when I was much, much younger – for a World’s Fair. It was a fantastic experience: lots of action, color, music, food. Looking back, I realize we didn’t even get into the history of the area, the old houses, the architecture and so much more. I have to go back some day.
- St. Augustine, FL: A beautiful, beautiful place. I didn’t get a chance to spend much time there, just a few days, so I want to go back. I believe that this is the oldest city in the US and there is so much history. I loved the history of the place, the architecture, the atmosphere.
- Chattanoga, TN: I visited Chattanoga several times with my father. I absolutely LOVE the aquarium there; it is beyond words, really. I cannot recommend this enough for people that are fascinated by ocean life.
- Murfeesboro, NC: This wasn’t a voluntary visit, exactly. I went there in high school for band camp. I can’t say that it is a hotbed of activity, but the people there are definitely charming. It is a family environment and the picture of “small town America.”
- Williamsburg, VA: In terms of history, this is a great place to visit. I love to walk around Colonial Williamsburg and get a glimpse of how daily life in that time was. I love the fact that discoveries are still taking place in this area.
- The Pocanos, PA: The Pocanos are a mountainous region in Pennsylvania. I’ve been to several different areas of the Pocanos and they are beautiful – incredibly beautiful. I love the waterfalls, the mountains, the greenery, the animal life…
- Key West, FL: I had a great time visiting the Keys when I was growing up. If you like sun, sand, and water – hey, this is the place for you. I imagine the bar scene is fun as well, but I haven’t been back since I was old enough to drink. I recommend going, if you can get into a place to stay, just for the beauty of the place. The sunsets are incredible.
- Nags Head, NC: A lovely place, and another nice place for beaches.
- Duck, NC: Similar to Nags Head – good for beaches, peace and quiet, etc.
Well, this week’s 13 is incomplete – I cannot think of two more places that I’ve visited. I’ll keep thinking, but I figured I was close enough to include it in the Thursday 13.
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!
View More Thursday Thirteen Participants