Time to start fleshing out my list of goals for 2014 (and possibly beyond). We’ve gotten a good start on straightening out our financial situation, but there is always more to do.
- Put our old debts behind us.
- Create a reasonable budget.
- Jump start our 401(k)s.
- See a lawyer to draw up wills.
- See a financial adviser who is familiar with special needs situations.
- Establish trusts for both children.
- Draw up guardianship papers.
- Discuss DNR situations and establish my wishes for that type of situation.