I have been worrying a lot about our situation (go figure – both of us without jobs and we have two small children). Well, that really doesn’t help anything. The question right now is, “What can I do to improve our situation/my life?”
There are things I can do on the financial front.
- I can get haircuts a bit less frequently.
- I can make recipes that stretch food a bit more – things that are filling but take less meat for example.
- I can look at less expensive fruits and vegetables.
- I can make sure that the loads of laundry are full.
- I can look into insurance since we’re going to need to change soon.
There are things on a stress-relief level:
- I can write down my worries at night before bed and pick it up in the morning.
- I can take 15 minutes a day to have peace and quiet or listen to music.
- I can take the time to soak in nice bath once a week.
- I can get out of the house once a week, even if I don’t have errands that need running.